Thursday, February 2, 2012

Now you can give me money

I mentioned last year, when talking about my general financial situation, that I was considering adding a tip jar to the blog.  I believe that I got the idea from Fred Clark's Slacktivist back when it was on Typepad (which is where the Slacktiverse now resides.).

Anyway, I mentioned it late last year, and I've been meaning to do it ever since.  I've been finding reasons to procrastinate and just failing to follow through for no reason at all.  Then, recently, I noticed that Slacktivist has a tip jar again.  Which provoked reactions along the line of, "Damn it, I've been meaning to do that."  That sort of brought it back into a, "Why haven't I done this yet?" focus.  And finally, today, I've done it.

At least I hope I have.  In theory there's a donate button in a gadget labeled "Tip Jar" on the right hand side of the page near the top which should allow people to send money my way via PayPal.

So, you know, if you happen to rich, I'm broke.  Very, very broke.  Depending on who you ask it's either with good reason or all my fault, but either way money is nice.  Unfortunately I don't think anyone reading this actually much in the way of money to spare at the moment.  Times are hard for everyone*.

Still, it's there.

-

On the other money making fronts on the blog, my goal to make pennies has succeeded.  I've earned hundreds of them.  More than seven hundred.  None of that is money I actually have access to in the real world at this point, but in cyberspace/in theory I have succeeded in earning pennies.

At this rate I might be able to buy the textbooks I was supposed to buy two weeks ago by the end of the year.  Or from a different perspective, I'm currently earning more than infinity times what I was earning two months ago.  Various perspectives really do change things.

-

*  Well, everyone that would be reading.  Given that I've endorsed Elizabeth Warren I think we can reasonably assume certain people (I say while glaring in the general direction of wide swaths of the credit industry, for example) are not likely to be reading.  You know, the sorts of people who end up getting rich while times are tough for everyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment