Thursday, December 20, 2012

School

I've never been a good student by any stretch of the imagination, and these last few semesters I seem to have been getting worse and worse.  This semester being the worst so far.  I need to ask for an incomplete in every one of my classes to have any hope of not failing.  That's an all time low.

For some people it's sort of, "If you ask for it you can have it," for others I need to demonstrate a certain amount of work getting done by a certain time.  One of those things was two essays by the end of the 19th.  Whether what I just sent in was close enough remains to be seen.  It was somewhat less  than asked for (sort of one and 2/3rds essays instead of two) and in the time it took me to attach them to an email and send it the 19th became the 20th.

So I may have just failed one of my classes.

I've got another where I know I'll be getting an incomplete, which means that I don't have to worry about what remains this week for that class.  A third where I have to get a certain amount of stuff done but when I asked for clarification on what (I should have written it down) it was probably about the same time that the teacher was learning her best friend had lost a child so I never heard back, and a fourth where I simply haven't heard from the person at all.  Mind you he's half retired and injured, so slack should be cut for him.

Anyway, by the end of this week it is possible that I will have failed three out of four classes with the fourth being in a state of, "No grade yet, check back later."

No comments:

Post a Comment