Saturday, December 21, 2013

Fundraising and whatnot

First off if you're wondering what to get me for Christmas money would be nice.  Or a really nice brand new laptop that has wifi that doesn't crap out, functioning sound, a screen that is the right color, a battery that can hold a charge, a CD/DVD drive that works, and more or less none of the problems my current computers have.  But money would be easier because if I get, say, $74.21 by month's end I'd be happy, you can't get a laptop for that price.

But secondly and more importantly, I've been wondering if there's anything I could do with the blog to actually fundraise as opposed to beg for money.  It's not that begging for money doesn't work.  I've been blown away by how generously people are willing to give.  Thank you all once again for it.  But it would be nice if I could work out a way to give something back.  The question is, "What?"  Money doesn't solve writer's block after all, so I can't promise, "hit this funding goal and I'll write something," I'd write something money or no if I had it in me at the time.

The only thing I can think of is I could make a list of, "These are the things that I'm going to try to do," (Which would be separate from "Inspiration has hit me I will post random thing.") And if someone donated I could kick their chosen thing, mentioned as a comment in the donation thing, to the top of the list.

But that doesn't seem terribly interesting or ... whatever.

So does anyone have ideas on what I could do to fundraise through the blog?

2 comments:

  1. What about things besides writing? Like, "I will mess with a picture for you." Or kind of nonspecific writing, like, "The next time I add an OC to a Narnia fic I will use the name or characteristic of your choice."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely could do either of those, do you think anyone would be into that?

      Delete